Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I purchase ferry tickets?
Passengers can directly purchase ferry ticket at Hong Kong Water Taxi Ticket Office or via Hong Kong Water Taxi official website.
2. Are there any special ticket fares available for children, senior citizens and persons with disabilities?
Children (Below 12), senior citizens and persons with disabilities can enjoy half-price discount, please refer to the tickets fares table. All passengers can enjoy the Public Transport Fare Subsidy Scheme fare subsidy.
3. If I'm too late to catch my scheduled ferry, can I still use the original ticket to take next sailing? Can I take the earlier sailing if I arrive the pier earlier?
Passengers must board the ferry at the time listed on the ferry ticket and please arrive at the pier not less than 15 minutes before boarding. No standby service available currently.
4. Is it possible to wait for boarding at the pier or on the ship?
Hong Kong Water Taxi will provide waiting seats when docking at the public pier based on availability of seats. Passengers who have not purchased tickets in advance can use credit card, WeChat Pay, Alipay, Octopus (Government Sailing only) or cash to purchase tickets on board.
5. Can I bring my pet onboard?
Passengers are not allowed to take animals including poultry, fish, shellfish, household pets or other animals but excluding guide dogs accompanying a blind or visually impaired person.